16 September 2009

things are gonna happen naturally

I've never had this much trouble figuring people out... I have decided to quit trying. It's not a bad thing; in fact, my mind has never felt more at ease than it does at this moment. I'm going to live up to what I have been saying: that I will simply go with the flow. If someone doesn't like who I talk to, who I decide to spend time on, well, then that's simply too bad. I'm tired feeling as though I am the flag on a rope used in a tug-of-war.

That said, I hope that it won't always rain in this town. Though if it were to do so, I will be able to handle it. Like I said earlier tonight, I spent one of the rainiest five weeks in London (Bath flooded, ah, I slay myself...). People deserve to have the chance to prove themselves; yes, this is something that matters to most people. It should. If it does not matter, then one would not have many acquaintances and, more importantly, friends. For me, ascertaining who one is, conveying one's perceptions and opinions... these things are a defense. A defense is not a bad thing. It is necessary to let people know these things because then people can make a case for you.

I don't regret the way I handle things, but I am sorry if I hurt someone in handling things. It is not ever my intention to intentionally hurt someone.
---------
In other, lighter news, I am thoroughly enjoying my Romanticism class. "Mont Blanc" by Shelley is a poem I had the pleasure of reading again. It can be found here:
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/courses/rschwart/hist256/alps/mont_blanc.htm

It pretty much speaks for itself... I just wish I could see this place for myself.

I am thinking of doing my grad presentation on Shelley and the perception of religion at his time, his views on it, and maybe throw in some philosophic arguments of the time.

No comments: