24 January 2011

estranged

I think I'm going through a quarter-life crisis. I'm pretty much annoyed/frustrated/angry with friends that will soon no longer be friends--we will only see one another's status updates and such, and that will become the extent of the friendship. It's sad; however, I'm used to it. I do not know if having a long-term friendship is possible anymore.

In light of all this, I am highly considering discontinuing my "social network" profile and such...(this will not happen until the summer, perhaps); I am also considering moving from this state (maybe even move to England). There seems to be very little reason for me to stick around here.

This all seems emo, but typing it out is just a way to help me realize that all of these estranged friendships are real; it helps me realize that, most of the time, there is no point in holding onto friendships that are just bound to end. I need to see that trying to hold on to certain friendships is futile and it just ends up hurting and there is no one to blame and nothing to do about it--friendships just end. That's the way it is.

1 comment:

Em said...

:( I`ve had to come to that realization too. Sometimes life just happens and people drift apart.

But I hope that we can stay in touch! <3